Rules and regulations
Effective July 1, 2021
1. ANNUAL DUES: All lake club members must pay annual dues, payable in January and delinquent by March 1st with a penalty of $50.00. If not paid by June 1st another penalty of $25.00 will be added. Card keys will be issued after payment of dues and any other indebtedness or obligations due the lake club.
2. GUESTS AND SPECIAL PARTIES: Lake Membership entitles the member, his or her family, and a reasonable number of guests to enjoy the facilities. No lifeguards are on duty and the member assumes full responsibility for the welfare and conduct of his family and guests. Special parties of 25 with a limit of 50, wishing to reserve the facilities must contact the secretary. No member will allow his activities or those of his family and guests to interfere with the right of others to enjoy the facility. The member holding such a party will be responsible for any accident or injury to any member of such a party. An assessment will be charged for leaving the premises unclean. Premises must be vacated by 10:00 P.M. No requests will be granted for lake reservations on holidays.
3. DAM: Both faces of the dam are off limits to walking, fishing, sledding and swimming. Walking is permitted on the roadway of the dam.
4. FISHING: No more than 5 fish may be taken out of the lake PER MEMBERSHIP PER DAY. Only one line and hook is allowed. Live bait (worms, minnows, etc.) are NOT allowed to be used as bait.
5. BOATING: Only row, paddle, Kayaks and sailboats (limited size) are permitted. Boats with motors are prohibited. All boats must be properly locked to the chain, not to the trees, and membership numbers must be visible on the boat and tarp. There is an annual fee of $75.00 per boat for storage at the lake.
6. LITTER: Clean up your area before you leave. Garbage containers are for lake use only. If you host a large party, please bring extra plastic garbage bags so that the club’s garbage cans will not be left overflowing.
7. PETS: Leashed dogs are allowed on the lake premises from November 1st to April 1st. This will be expanded to April 30th in 2022.
8. NO SMOKING: As of January 2019 Brentwood Lake became a “No Smoking/Vaping” area.
9. PRIVATE GATES: All private gates must be locked at all times, and use will be permitted after all dues and assessments are paid.
10. VEHICLES AND FIREARMS: Bicycles, motorbikes, skateboards, firearms, air guns, or any weapon capable of discharging a projectile are prohibited inside the lake fence at any time.
10. DAMAGE: Members are liable for any damage inflicted by their family or guests.
10. RENTERS: Renters, timeshare participants, or part owners of property who are not members are not permitted to use the lake or its facilities unless accompanied by the member.
10. GATE: DO NOT open the gate for anyone not possessing a membership card unless they can be positively identified as a paid-up member. Anyone propping the gate open may be liable for the cost of repairs to the gate mechanism and subjected to violation of the rules.
12. CARDKEYS: A maximum of two (2) cardkeys may be issued per year to each membership.
13. HOURS OF USE: The lake facilities are open for use from 6:00 A.M. until 10:00 P.M.
VIOLATON OF RULES AND REGULATIONS: Article 1, Section 5 of the Bylaws states: “The Board of Directors shall have the right to suspend and/or expel any member for any violation of these Bylaws or any rule or regulation of the corporation, or for conduct contrary to the best interest of the corporation.